Error 1609 when installing GadgetTrak on Windows.
On some non-English versions of Windows, the GadgetTrak installer is not able to find a 'Users' group. To complete the installation, a 'Users' group must be created for Gadgettrak to be successfully installed.
This can be done by:
- Go to the 'Control Panel' -> 'Administrative Tools' ->
- Then expand 'System Tools' -> 'Local Users and Groups' ->
- Right click 'Groups' and choose 'New Group'
- Name the new group 'Users'.
- Click the 'Start' button and select 'Run'.
- Type 'CMD' and click OK.
- A command prompt window will open
- Type the following command to create a new group called
net localgroup Users /add
- Type the following command to add your username the the 'Users'
net localgroup Users YOURUSERNAME /add
After adding the 'Users' group, you should be able to complete the Gadgettrak program installation successfully.
- How do I install GadgetTrak for Mac or Windows Laptops?
- My device was stolen, but I did not have GadgetTrak installled on it. Can you still find it?
- Will the GadgetTrak Laptop software work in my country?
- Can the GadgetTrak Laptop software be removed by a thief?
- How to update your License Key.
- View all (9 more)