How to transfer your GadgetTrak laptop license to another computer?
A Gadgettrak license can be used on only one device at a time, but can be transferred between devices as long as account is active and current. We recognize the need for licenses flexible enough that when a device is replaced it is easy to transfer the current license.
- Log into your web control panel at http://trak.me and Disable tracking for the
device if it is not already disabled.
- Open the GadgetTrak application settings panel on your
computer. If you are on a Mac this will be in the 'System
Preferences'. On Windows this will be in the 'Control
- On the "Tracking" tab, write down the License Key
- Then click the "Un-Register Device On Server" button
- Enter your GadgetTrak login credentials when prompted
This device has now been removed from your account and you can install GadgetTrak as normal on another devise reusing your license key. Refer to the KnowledgeBase article for installing GadgetTrak on laptops for additional instructions.
- How do I install GadgetTrak for Mac or Windows Laptops?
- My device was stolen, but I did not have GadgetTrak installled on it. Can you still find it?
- Will the GadgetTrak Laptop software work in my country?
- Can the GadgetTrak Laptop software be removed by a thief?
- How to update your License Key.
- View all (9 more)